There are fifteen different types of walnuts. But, it it the English walnut that is known as one of the most popular nuts among cooks and a favorite snack item for many people.
- Walnuts promote bone health.
- The melatonin in walnuts can help you sleep better at night which will in turn make you feel better and be more alert the following day.
- Actually, walnuts are known to help improve brain function.
- Walnuts provide health benefits for th eheart.
- The anti inflammatory benefits of walnuts are beneficial to people with asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, and skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Walnuts contains an antioxidant compound called ellagic acid which supports your immune system.
- Walnuts are a good source of B complex vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin pantothenic acid, B-6, and folates.
- Walnuts are a good source of iron, copper, zinc, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- They are also an excellent source of the much needed omega 3 fatty acids.
- Walnuts are used so often in such a variety of recipes it would be impossible to list all of their uses.
- They are great eaten alone or added to granola or trail mix.
- They are a delicious garnish or topping for many desserts.
- Walnuts can be added to a multitude of baked items.
- They are delicious when incorporated into main dishes and side dishes.
Serving walnuts to your family, adding them to dishes you prepare, and enjoying them daily as a snack, means you will need to have a supply on hand. Premium walnuts can be purchased in bulk. It is more economical to buy bulk amounts of this healthful, versatile and delicious nut. The following choices are available online.
- Walnuts, light, halves and pieces, raw