Soybeans, like peanuts are legumes. They are the edible seed found inside of a pod. Soybeans provide numerous health benefits and are an excellent source of many of the vitamins and nutrients needs for optimum health.
- Soybeans are an ideal food for menopausal women because they inhibit bone loss and stimulate bone
- They are a good alternative to meat protein.
- Soybeans help lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and blood pressure.
- Soybeans also protect against heart disease.
- They help stabilize blood sugar and protect kidneys.
- Soybeans are an excellent source of tryptophen, manganese, protein, iron, phosphorus, and fiber.
- Soybeans provide an excellent amount of Vitamin K
- They are a good source of Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Soybeans also provide good amounts of potassium, magnesium, and B-12.
- Roasted soybeans can be added to trail mixed and granola mixes.
- The flavor of roasted soybeans isn't very exciting. This gives you the opportunity to develop creative spice mixes to add to the soybeans.
- Soybeans can also be deep fried or boiled.
Premium roasted soybeans can be purchased in bulk. If you buy bulk amounts, you will always have this healthy food available for creating your own trail mixes and granola mixes. You can roast your own soybeans if you have time to do so, or you can conveniently buy either of the varieties listed below online, one pound at a time or in bulk.
- Roasted soybean, salted
- Roasted soybeans, unsalted