Pumpkins are a member of the gourd family. Pumpkin seeds are sometimes called Pepitas. Roasted pumpkin seeds have a slightly nutty flavor and a somewhat chewy texture. They are extremely healthy and delicious eaten as a snack or added to some of your favorite recipes.
- Pumpkin seeds provide health benefits for your heart.
- They also support your nervous system.
- Pumpkin seeds are beneficial to good bone health.
- For men, pumpkin seeds provide health benefits for the prostate.
- Pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of magnesium, manganese, and phosphorus.
- They are also a good source of B1, B2, Niancin, B6 Folic acid, protein, iron, fiber, and Vitamin K.
- Roasted pumpkin seeds can be sprinkled on a variety of vegetables. They are especially delicious sprinkled on various types of greens.
- They can be added to your morning cereal or oatmeal.
- When baking breads, muffins, and cookies, adding pumpkin seeds to the mixture will increase the nutritional value of the finished product.
- One other way to incorporate pumpkin seeds into you cooking is to add them to hamburgers, turkey burgers, or veggie burgers.
Pumpkin seeds are a great addition to trail mixes and granola. You can buy premium pumpkin seeds (Pepitas) in bulk online so that you will conveniently have them available. When you buy bulk amounts of pumpkin seeds, it is best to store them in the refrigerator rather than storing them in a container in the cabinet or on a kitchen shelf. The following varieties are available in bulk.
- Raw Petitas
- Roasted, salted Petitas
- Roasted, unsalted Pepitas
- Pumpkin seeds "Lady's Nails" salted
- Pumpkin seeds "Lady's Nails" unsalted