Pistachios grow in grape-like clusters. It is the seed of the fruit that is edible. There is a light green kernel inside of the cream colored shell which is quite easy to break with your fingers.
- Pistachios help lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase good cholesterol (HDL).
- They help protect against cancer, disease, and infections.
- Pistachios help prevent coronary artery disease and stroke.
- They are also helpful in prevent your skin from becoming dry.
- Pistachios are an excellent source of Vitamin E.
- They are also a good source of riboflavin, Thiamin, and Pyridoxine.
- Pistachios are an excellent source of copper, iron, manganese, and phosphorus.
- Pistachios are often used in desserts such as puddings and cakes.
- Pistachio salad is a very popular dish year round.
- Pistachio crusted chicken is a delicious entree.
You can buy bulk amounts of premium pistachios online. Bulk amounts of pistachios should be store in the refrigerator. There are two varieties available for purchase online.
- California Red Pistachios
- California Roasted Salted Pistachios