The oblong shaped pecan is possibly the most popular edible nut. It has a moderately crunchy texture with a unique, somewhat sweet flavor. It is delicious eaten straight out of the shell, roasted, or incorporated into numerous types of recipes. A handful of pecans a day will give you body a sufficient amount of vitamins, minerals, and protein.
- Pecans help protect against cancer, disease, and infection.
- They are a rich source of energy.
- Pecans help lower LDL (bad cholesterol) and increase HDL (good cholesterol).
- Pecans are beneficial to your cardiovascular health.
- Eating pecans can help boost your immune system.
- Pecan can help control blood pressure.
- Pecans are an excellent source of Vitamin E.
- They contain minerals that are beneficial to your overall health such as magnesium, manganese, iron, calcium, potassium, and zinc.
- Pecans are a good source of B-complex vitamins such as niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, folates, and pantothenic acid.
- Pecans are a favorite ingredient in cakes, breads, pies, and other baked items.
- Pecans are a delicious and attractive garnish for numerous dishes, especially ice cream.
- Pecan french toast or pancakes are great for a weekend breakfast.
- Pecans crusted chicken, salmon, or pork is an alternative to using pecans in dessert dishes.
- Pecans are also very delicious when combined with sour dough or cornbread stuffing.
A variety of premium pecans can be purchased in bulk. If you buy bulk amounts of pecans you will have plenty available for cooking, snacking, and giving as gifts. There are three varieties available for purchase online.
- Pecans, raw
- Pecan roasted, salted
- Pecans, roasted, unsalted