Macadamia nuts are considered by many to be a gourmet delicacy. Their flavor has a slight resemblance to Hazelnuts and can be used instead of Hazelnuts in some recipes. The macadamia nut is usually sold shelled because their extremely hard shell is difficult to break with a conventional nut cracker. These delicious nuts have numerous health benefits and some unique culinary uses.
- Macadamia nuts have the highest amount of monounsaturated fat of any nut.
- They are gluten free.
- The help lower LDL (bad cholesterol) and increase HDL (good cholesterol).
- Macadamia nuts are beneficial in preventing stroke and coronary artery disease.
- Macadamia nuts provide the body with antioxidants to help keep you healthy.
- They are heart healthy and cholesterol free.
- Macadamia nuts are an excellent source of calcium, selenium, zinc, manganese, magnesium, and iron.
- These nuts are a good source of fiber.
- You can acquire your B-complex vitamins from Macadamia nuts.
- They contain palmitoleic acid which may speed up fat metabolism.
- You can elevate the status of a chocolate chip cookie to an entirely new level with the addition of macadamia nuts.
- Macadamia nuts are frequently added to various chicken recipes.
- For a unique breakfast experience, serve Macadamia nut sauce with fruit flavored pancakes, banana or mango pancakes would be a good choice.
- Macadamia nuts are a good choice of nut for an energy snack mix.
You can buy premium Macadamia nuts in bulk. Once you experience the delicious flavor they add to cookies and other desserts, you may find it best to buy bulk amount of this beneficial and delicious delicacy. The following varieties are available for bulk purchases.
- Macadamia nuts, raw
- Macadamia nuts, roasted and salted
- Macadamia nuts, roasted and unsalted