Cashews are a cream colored, bean shaped nut. They have a slightly sweet taste and a moderately firm texture. They are a snack favorite for many people and are a popular ingredient in Oriental recipes. These delicious nuts provide many health benefits and supply a large portion of nutrients the body requires.
- Cashews help protect against various types of cancer and many different diseases.
- They are a heart healthy snack.
- Cashews help lower LDL ( bad cholesterol) and increase HDL ( good cholesterol).
- They can help prevent strokes and coronary artery disease.
- Cashews promote eye health.
- Cashews promote good bone health.
- They also help prevent gallstones.
- Cashews are a good source of vitamins B5, B-6, and thiamin
- They provide a good amount of magnesium, manganese, zinc, iron, selenium, and potassium.
- Cashews are a good source of dietary fiber.
- 1/4 cup of cashews provides 38% of daily requirement of copper which is necessary in the prevention of osteoporosis, infections, and joint pain.
- One of the most popular ways to enjoy cashews is to simply eat them as a snack
- They will enhance the flavor of puddings, cheesecakes, yogurt or ice cream when sprinkled on top.
- Cashews are delicious in baked goods.
- Cashews are a complimentary item to many chicken recipes such as Thai chicken and Oriental chicken salad.
Premium cashews are available in bulk online. These nuts are so delicious you will want to buy bulk amounts to assure that you have plenty on hand for snacks and for including in recipes. You can select from the following varieties:
- Raw Cashews, large or XL
- Roasted, unsalted Cashews L or XL
- Roasted, salted Cashews, L or XL