Brazil nuts are an ivory colored nut with a dark brown shell. Brazil nuts can be found inside of a thick, woody seed capsule. When the seed capsule is opened, you can find between 8 and 24 seeds inside. They have numerous heath benefits and can be a nutritional addition to many recipes.
- Brazil nuts can help with thyroid function.
- They are also beneficial in helping you manage your weight.
- Brazil nuts aid in the prevention of cancer.
- They contain a high amount of selenium which helps protect against heart disease.
- Brazil nuts are an excellent source of selenium, copper, and magnesium.
- They have a high fiber content.
- Brazil nuts are a good source of calcium and Thiamin.
- Brazil nuts also provide a high amount of Vitamin E.
- They are a good source of protein.
- Toasted Brazil nuts can be sprinkled on top of ice cream or yogurt.
- A Brazil nut pesto with broccoli is an exceptionally healthy dish to put on the dinner table.
- A Brazil nut fruitcake is a delicious and healthy holiday dessert.
- Brazil nuts can be added to a variety of baked items such as cookies, cakes, muffins, and bread.
A variety of premium Brazil nuts can be purchased online. For use in cooking or for creating your own trail mix and granola, you can buy bulk amounts of:
- Raw Brazil nuts
- Unsalted, roasted Brazil nuts
- Salted, roasted Brazil nuts