Out of stock
Out of stock
Of all nuts, the dark, oval shaped almond is one of the most popular. The almond tree resembles a peach tree. The pit of a peach is removed and the delicious fruit is eaten. However, the jewel of the almond fruit is the nut that is found inside when the almond fruit splits open. Almonds provide many health and nutritional benefits.
- Almonds are a good source of dietary fiber.
- They protect against cancer.
- Almonds help lower LDL (the bad cholesterol) and increase HDL (the good cholesterol)
- Almonds help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- They protect against diabetes and aid in controlling blood sugar.
- Almonds are an excellent source of Vitamin E.
- They are a good source of B-complex vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, folate, and B-6.
- Just a handful of almonds will provide the recommended daily amount of a multitude of minerals including iron, zinc, calcium, manganese, magnesium, selenium,and potassium.
Almonds can be enjoyed solely on their own or added to many dishes to increase their nutritional value and enhance their flavor. The culinary uses for almonds are far too many to list but a sample of the versatility of almonds is listed below.
- Almonds are an essential ingredient when making many types of biscotti.
- Almonds can be added to many baked items such as quick breads, muffins, and cakes.
- Almonds can be added to vegetable dishes. They are a delicious addition to rice that you've prepared as a base for stir fry vegetables.
- Almonds can be sprinkled over a salad, mixed with yogurt or ice cream, or added to a homemade granola mix.
You can buy premium almonds in bulk online. For your convenience you can buy bulk amounts of the following:
- Raw almonds, slivered or natural sliced
- Blanched almonds, raw or blanched almonds roasted with salt or unsalted
- Almonds roasted with salt or unsalted